My ears are burning …

Posted By on May 28, 2008

Over at the very exclusive Utah’s Forum for Radio, they were discussing a very important topic … who the hell is the liberal on KSL every Saturday afternoon from 4-5pm?

That’d be me, folks. Howdy, I’m local.

Hello folks. I was listening to KSL on Saturday. They now have a person on there named Jeff Bell from 4:00 to 5:00 on Saturday. He is a liberal. Who exactly is Jeff Bell? I dare Bonneville Communications to put him on 3 hours a day during the week. Here is what I would have. After Sean Hannity, I would still keep the 4:00 7:00 news. But after that I would put Jeff Bell on from 7:00 10:00 then Ethan Miller from 10:00 to 1:00 AM. Or is that to much to ask Bonneville Communications to do? Then KSL could really say they are fair and balanced if they wanted to.

Thank you CommanderLumpy, I think that you’re a genius! Brilliant!

Let me cover the rest of the stuff, too:

Henry – Local AND National (well, I have traveled, but I live in SLC)

Amanuensis – HEY HEY Back on topic!

Tomkvnu – You forgot two years with the DNC, several campaigns, professional political wonk, etc. etc. For a guy with a man crush, you need to read up a little. Try HERE.

Thanks, Tom (H/T)

About The Author

Writer, part time indie-film maker, musician, wonk and political consultant.

Host of The LEFT Show
Award winning writer of JMBell.org
Former Democratic National Committee Communications Director for Utah.
Creative Director for Defenestrate Media Group
Award winning host of the late Left of the Dial.

Comments

8 Responses to “My ears are burning …”

1. Tom Grover says:

Damn right I’ve got a man crush!

And I’m jealous!

You’ve been doing a weekend gig for a few weeks and get a FULL THREAD on the forum. I’ve been doing M-F drive time for over two years and get nothing!

Very jealous! You must be doing something right, my friend!

2. The brooklyn baller says:

Great show Saturday J.M.! I loved your input on the soon to be extinquished attorney general, “I’m just kinda, ethically, challenged” Shurtleff.

3. Ethan says:

Who is this Ethan Miller guy?

4. Misty Fowler says:

Haha, someone (dolt) called you “too conservative” in that thread.

5. JM Bell says:

You know, I don’t get told that very often. Dolt seems fitting, unless he was being sarcastic.

6. Willie says:

Very weak talk show on Saturday. The simplistic epithets (Republicans only want to give tax cuts to yhe rich – Hey Jeff, who else pays taxes?, etc.) were made to elicit a response and not to generate intelligent dialog. Your factual basis was less than a conservative talk host such as Hannity or OReily and that’s pretty insulting. As a non-Republican conservative, yes we do exist, I am disappointed at the left wing’s income redistribution/welfare fascination. Read Altals Shrugged by Ayn Rand.

7. JM Bell says:

Willie – this thread is a year old. Nice job trying to hide from front page scrutiny.

I pay taxes. I’m self employed, and own a small business. My tax rate is around 30 – 36% (depending on how I do) UP from 22-26% in the Clinton era. I’m not making more than 60k a year. Someone making 250k a year has a tax rate around 10 – 13%. I want to pay that percentage, but I can’t, because there are no REPUBLICANS advocating on my middle class behalf.

So, shove your Socialist Calling up your ass and tell me why raising the 250k percentages up about 5 points and dropping mine down about 5 points makes you act like such a right wing, knee jerk chucklehead?

Why are you conservatives so keen on class warfare against the middle class?

It’s not wealth re-distribution – it’s far too small a move toward parity.

8. Rob says:

Mr. Bell,

Take your liberal policies and shove them up your ass you fucking liberal cocksucker.